Dr Rangan Chatterjee is a British doctor who believes that we have dramatically over complicated health & wellbeing. He is passionate about supporting individuals make better decisions gradually, everyday with a focus on accessibility and simplicity.
In this video, he talks passionately about why most diseases are an outcome of lifestyle choices, emerging fields of scientific study, how to address the psychology of food choices and much more.
If you are interested in adopting some of the key routines related to Dr Chatterjee’s four pillars of health, try these:
- Sleep – No tech 90 – Ensure that before bed, you switch off or put away your devices for 1.5 hours prior to sleep
- Sleep – Get outside early in the morning and take on natural light – It can set you natural circadian rhythms and aid sleep
- Movement – Do weighted exercise at least twice a week – Body weight or free weights
- Relaxation – 15 minutes of ‘me’ time every single day – Do something that replenishes you – Reading, listening to music, drawing… just something that fulfils you and your spirit
- Food – Try to extend your fasted period everyday – If you had your last bite to eat at 9pm, try and wait until at least 9am for breakfast